Sunday, September 25, 2011

without a question

As i said in the previous post, we went to the mall yesterday. Kevin, Ever, and Jeffrey had cleaned Shannon's car earlier that day and so they had each received the equivalent of a 1.50$ for their work. Well, when we got to the mall, there was an ice cream shop. Of course all three boys jumped at the opportunity to use their own money to buy some ice cream and they raced to the front of the line. Jose, the other boy who came to the mall with us, just stood beside me and shannon since he had no money to buy some.
Jeffrey was the first to get his ice cream and he smiled ear to ear as he savored the banana flavor. It only took him a minute to realize that Jose had no money and without a word of advice from Shannon or me, Jeffrey pulled out the remainder of his money and gave it to the very grateful Jose, to buy some ice cream.
I seriously almost burst into tears watching this. I mean literally these boy have nothing of their own and having any type of money at all is a huge treat. The fact that Jeffrey could give away his money without thought, truly reminded me of my own selfishness. It's so difficult for me to offer money to others and I have more than enough to share. I can't explain how a little boy with no money can be so generous outside of the gospel and it's constant display in all of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment