Friday, September 23, 2011

the unimportance of time

So, i inherited my father's need for schedule at a young age. i like to know when dinner is before i eat my breakfast, i rarely vary my daily routine, and when i decide what time i need to be somewhere, i need to be there at that exact time. if that's wrong, i don't wanna be right. and, apparently that's wrong in thi country of mine. I called my taxi friend Donal yesterday to pick me up from school at 12. I called him at 10 just to be sure he could do it. it got to 12:10 and i decided that I might as well call him. This is how our convo went.
"Ello?"
"Donal? it's caitlin, remember me"
"oh...yes..."
"Donal, did you maybe forget about me?"
"Oh no....i'll be ther...soon"
15 minutes later, he shows up. with my roommate Bethany in the car. so, that threw me off. then i had to drive to Armenia Bonito to drop her off with Donal. it's approximately 25 minutes away. after that, we picked up 3 more stragglers to take them to their desired locations. An hour and a half later, I was home. Just another day in Honduras. call me a doormat because I have a feeling i might tell people to please walk all over me as long as I'm here. whateva.

No comments:

Post a Comment