Saturday, September 17, 2011

and now for Armenia Bonito

Well, this was the place that lifted my spirits the most on this crazy hectic day. But wait, I forgot to mention everything about yesterday and me entering the country, so if you wanna know about the funniest adventure yet, read my roommates blog (shannoninhonduras.blogspot.com) it's worth your time. Anyways, so we visited Armenia and it was a much more impoverished place than the city of La Ceiba, but i adored it. There are kids all over the street that I was introduced to by Shannon and Bethany (my two roommates) and those little ninos are to die for. They are all so little and cute. One little girl gave me a run for my money. I could literally understand everything she was saying to shannon while she was speaking to her. Then shannon told her to ask me a question to prove I could speak Spanish. So she looked at me and asked a question using a slang term, so of course i didn't understand. COOL. she just turned to shannon and said "she doesn't know spanish". so, gotta work on that i guess. I definitely have my weak moments throughout the day and there are times when i literally almost bought a plane ticket home, but overall, I know I am going to grow to love this place.

blog post #3 of the day finished. hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment