Saturday, September 17, 2011

the city of La Ceiba

I am living in La Ceiba, but I will be working in Armenia Bonito which is about 40 minutes away from my casa (just showing off my fluency). We toured both places today, but in this post I will talk about La Ceiba. We went to the local mall that is actually set up as an american mall...essentially (don't go picturing Hollister and Aunt Katie's Pretzel stand). There I bought a phone (I use that term loosely) and some movies. 3 for 5 dollars. get ready movie collection, you're about to grow in number. Then, we just walked around so i could get an idea for what everything looked like. we did a little grocery shopping as well. It's so crazy because all of my sense are in overdrive. Everything I hear is in the front of my mind and I can't ignore any conversations around me or noises. Everything is so unfamiliar that my brain is just trying to make sense of it all. it's utterly exhausting and embarrassing because i look like a gringo who loves to eavesdrop. sheesh. We got some lunch as well. just a little coke light, plantains, baliada (tortilla filled with beans, eggs, and chess) and some other yums that i don't know the name of. After that, we just drove around to the beach (so so close by, maybe 10 minutes from my house) and such. It was a fun day and it just shows me how much fun I'll have once I have the confidence and ability to get to know La Ceiba. Also, the phone I have is probably the first version of a phone that Nokia ever created. BUT the service provider is Tigo, so for all of you kiddos who've been to Guate, you know how cool I am.

blog post #2 of the day finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment