Sunday, October 2, 2011

pink house, two floors

I've always prided myself on having an excellent sense of direction. It usually only takes me going to a place once before I know how to do it on my own. But I tell ya, La Ceiba has broken my streak. Most of the streets in this town don't have names and everything seems to move places on a daily basis. The place I ate dinner on my first day here is somehow a couple doors down from a place I ate at last night. You have to cross a bridge to get to my house and there is only two ways of getting to that bridge but somehow I'm shocked every time we approach, not knowing where it came from. I expressed these thoughts to Shannon last night and she gave me some tips to help me learn.

There are two main roads that lead to one of the main honduran cities, San Pedro Sula. One is called "road to San Pedro Sula by way of Burger King" and the other is called "road to San Pedro Sula by way of Saopin." Fuente Saopin is the bridge leading us to our house, once you get there, tell the taxi driver "left at auto sport, second street on the right, two stories, pink house." To get to my language school, you head to the gym (not the workout gym, but the karote one) and take the second street on the left.

I asked Shannon what our official address was. In the bank, we are registered to live at "la alemeda, la ceiba, alantidad, Honduras, central America. Left at the auto sport, second street on the right, third house on the right, the pink one with two floors."

All this to say that I'm more confused than ever and we own a PO box here.

No comments:

Post a Comment