Wednesday, October 12, 2011

bob esponja

So, I help teach fourth grade on Mondays, Tuesdays, and thursdays. My favorite part of the day is the 30minute English class they have because for that half hour, I can feel smarter than those ten year olds. Maybe I've hit rock bottom. Anyways, on Tuesday they had to come up with sentences and english for a game. Here are some of my favorite ones:
My heart wants. (so unintentionally poetic)
My pen runs. (literally)
I write the notebook.
I am read.
My dog eats cars, trucks, and spongebob.
I speak the English. (not that funny on paper, but they say "I espeak da eenglish". Cutest.)

Love that class so much. And if you are ever wondering what spongebob is in Spanish, it's bob esponja. Yup, try figuring out how to translate that into English when a kid asks you to. So much struggle. Why would I ever guess that they were saying spongebob?

No comments:

Post a Comment