Tuesday, October 18, 2011

blessed

So, I hit my one month mark on Friday. I've been waiting so long to hit that because I just felt like it was such an accomplishment and that it would finally feel like I was at home. The thing is though, I really struggled this weekend. I tihink I got a little taste of cultue shock and I just was having issues with a lot of things. I wanted to be back in Cary, where I could drive a car, always have minutes on my phone, speak my own language, and relax. I love my life here, but it is just so diffferent. I never am able to relax. Everything I do is exhausting because my brain is just always on overdrive. I was a weak mess this weekend and I was so, so close to buying a ticket home.
BUT, the Lord is faithful and so good. He has been such a comfort to me in the past few days. I have made great new friends where I work and life has just gotten slightly easier. I still feel exhausted and I am still counting downs the days till home (hate that I'm still doing that), but I'm getting there. In my weakest moments, I am a daughter of the King and he will always, always be faithful. Praise the good Lord for that!

"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'the Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'therefore i will hope in Him." Lamentations 3:21-24

No comments:

Post a Comment