Wednesday, October 12, 2011

scattergories categories

There are few places in my life where my ability to have no clear train of thought is applauded. Actually, I can only think of one: scattergories categories. Shannon's family is in town and let me tell you, they are quite the gaming crew. Kate Defunk (yeah I said Defunk) prepare yourself mentally to play lots of games. Also, figure out how to cheat. I've figured out that the way to ruin a good game for Shannon is to cheat. So, I do so in order to express that I don't want to play that particular game. However, with scattergories categories, there is no need for cheating.
The point of the game is to come up with words in a catergory, but they have to start with certain letters and your word can't be the same as anyone else's or you don't win. For instance, we had to say something that was pitch black that started with an I. Logically I said "indonesia without electricity at night" and literally it took me less than five seconds to think of that. I thought it was simple enough. Well, it brought the house down.
Nothing like a little positive laughter at my random nature after years of shame and humility. I do hate games and I will never stop hating games, but I could get used to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment