Saturday, March 31, 2012

scuba noobs

That's right folks, yesterday I went scuba diving for the first time in my life with my roomies. They were so sweet and took me as a going away present because apparently I'm leaving in two weeks. Whoops. I've heard going into denial is the best way to deal with reverse culture shock, so I'm going with that.

Anyways, we headed out to Cayos Cochinos, a chain of beautiful islands that I've snorkeled at before, to do an adventure scuba for us noobs that don't have our scuba diving license. IE Kate and me. HEYO. Needless to say, there were lots of laughs.



this picture is for Kate. I do not care for it as much, but we are on a boat and we are friends, so whatevs.



Me with the roomz. Gonna miss these guys. Seriously though, the water is more beatiful than the pictur is able to capture.



th wittle island we first stopped at.



Kate and I decided to wear the wetsuits since its cold in the water. Except really, i decided i needed it and guilt-tripped Kate into wearing it. She ended up taking it off before we got in the water and I might add, i saw goosebumps on her arm while we were swimming. victory is mine. But, here we are modeling our beauty.



so much laughter.



im just saying, the guy gave us all of this equipment that weighed so many pounds and then made us sit in the waves. We almost drowned in a foot of water because we kept being swept up by the waves and we had no way of controlling where they took us. but really, this trip was awesome. It's cray because it felt like such an out of body experience while I was down there. I was in a whole other world and it was so inexplicable. I absolutely loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment