Friday, March 2, 2012

adventurous adventures

In other news, my mom and will came for the week to visit me this last week! It was such a blast. And a blessing. And a bash. Impressed I just used three b words in a row? I am. But I digress. We did so many things that Im pretty sure Jesus added hours to our days. I need to ask Him that in heaven. It really was cool though, because it was very clear that the Lord ordained our days and what we were going to do each day perfectly. Here's a list of things we did:
Friday: picked them up from San Pedro Sula Airport and went to Expatriates for dinner. Whattup best nachos in the world!
Saturday: toured La Ceiba, the mall, bought 22 movies for 25$, ate lunch at Tipicos (typical Honduran food), haircut for mom and pedicure, dinner with some hondurans and gringos alike.
Sunday: hiked to a beautiful waterfall in the rainforest...normal, right? Went to church at Gran Comision
Monday: snorkeled at Cayos Cochinos (string of islands of the coast) and at fish. A whole fish.
Tuesday: souvenir shopping in the morning, typical food for lunch, played soccer with Kate and her street kids she is ministering to (avoiceinthestreets.wordpress.com) Best day for Will by far (best brother in the whole wide world), ate at Expatriates for dinner. Wattup best nachos in the world for the second time!
Wednesday: Canopy zip line tour in the rainforest for the morning, soccer again with Kate and the boys, swimming in the ocean with the boys (in my clothes...those children have got some muscles, man)
Thursday: CNI where will played soccer again for three hours, such a good sport. And, so fun to show my family my work. Plus, we went to dinner at Shannons girls home and dessert. And I bought so many clothes from their up and coming store. Read her blog: shannoninhonduras.blogspot.com
Friday: back to the airport

So, pretty low-key week, right? It was just what I needed though and I got to do all the touristy stuff that's hard to find the time to do when you live here. So awesome. I miss them already, but excuse me, I go home in 6 weeks. WHATTTTTT. speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment