Wednesday, March 7, 2012

daily occurences

These are some of the questions/conversations that are a part of my daily life here:

1. Are you Honduran? Americans, hondurans, males, females, adults, children alike. Apparently, Ive got the Honduran skin tone.
2. Is that your mom? Usually "that" is whichever gringa is closest to me at the moment. Age makes no difference. My 26 year old friend, Heather, is the most likely victim since I work with her.
3. Is that your baby? Nope, I just love to hold babies and I happen to have a friend here who loves for me to hold her baby. And why woud I ever move to a different country by myself with a baby? For seven months.
4. All of my names so far are: Usted (meaning "you"), gringita, Cait, cayleen, case, cach, kite, kis, kais. Oh,and one kid thinks my name is Allison.
5. and your family? Yup, that's the entire question. Doesn't really lead you to any particular answer does it? I just assume they mean, and your family, why aren't they here?
6. Wow, how tall are you?
7. Will you ever have children of your own? As if I'm behind schedule or something.
8. Advice from a student I had:" look, he is beautiful, you're beautiful, so what's the problem? You'll never get a boyfriend if you're so picky." to be fair, I don't get this one daily.

And this one is my all time favorite:
Do you not like your family? Is that why you moved here?

Im going to miss these daily laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment