Saturday, November 12, 2011

North Carolina, come on and raise up

I've always considered North Cakalakey to be a quiet state, unloved by those outside of it's state limits. We North Carolinians pride ourselves on being famous for our great beach and Nicholas Sparks constant shout outs in his one hundred novels he has written. We've got two sky scrapers we can call our own and John Wall, Michael Jordan, and James Taylor would call NC their home. Petey Pablo even wrote a song about us. But, for whatever reason, most people from the states find Texas, California, Colorado, or New York more interesting.
Well, jokes on you guys, because these Hondurans know where the party's at. Every time I tell a taxi driver, a store cleark, or a volunteer that I am from NC, they somehow have some connection to the state. THey lived there, their ex-wife lives there, they have a cousin there. I am telling you, I dunno where all these Hondurans are hiding, but they are busting at the seams in North Carolina. It's gotten to the point that all the Expatriates I know have noticed my state's fame. Whater, USA, hate on NC all you want. But it's the place to be and one day, you'll look back on your life and regret not appreciating what you had right in front of ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment