Thursday, November 3, 2011

deep fried everything

So, I thought that maybe the North Carolina state fair was bad. Deep fried Oreos, deep fried snickers, deep fried pickles, deep fried coke, deep fried kool aid, and the list goes on. But, ladies and gentleman, NC State Fair has met its match. Hondurans love them some deep fried...everything. Yesterday I had spaghetti cooked in manteka sauce, which is, I've been told, straight lard. Delicious. Seriously though, when I work at the orphanage three days a week, I eat like a true honduran. Meaning, starches, sugars, and a pound of salt, all thrown into lard. Needless to say, I think I'm gaining the pre-freshman 500. However, I've started to eat healthy at home and I work out every day. I'm hoping that will take away from all the instant death I consume three days a week. But, I might have taken a giant step backwards by teaching the cook today how to cook deep fried Oreos. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment