Friday, January 6, 2012

the past month

Well, life got busy and it got busy very very fast. Last time I blogged, I was in the airport, waiting to pick up my sister, Anna, so that I could hang with her in the Hondyland for a week. I absolutely loved that time with her. She is the best friend a girl could ask for and it was awesome to be able to show her my life here. I finally felt like my life in the states was combining with who I am here. But, big news came my way while she was visiting. That Sunday, we skyped my oldest sister, Sarah Jane. During that Skype convo, Anna handed me a christmas card from Sarah so that I could open my present while Sarah could see my reaction. Turns out, my present was COMING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!
Needless to say, I was so shocked. I flew home with Anna and was able to surprise my entire family for Christmas. It was the best Christmas of my life. Seeing my mom and dad be absolutely surprised was priceless and emotional and wonderful. I think I was blocking all of the things I was going to miss about being home out of my mind because I didn't want to be miserable in Honduras for Christmas. But, once I got home, I was thrilled to go to Christmas Eve brunch with my family, hang out with family friends on Christmas, eat Papa Jack's pancakes, see my parents and siblings, watch Star Wars, and so many other glories. I mean, our Christmas tree in the states is real. and it smells real. And I will never take that for granted again. So, that's why I haven't blogged in a while. I was scared for the week before that I was going to spoil the surprise and then the five days I was home, I wanted to spend every second with my family. Sorry that I'm not sorry. No worries, I am back in full force now.

No comments:

Post a Comment