Thursday, January 12, 2012

an assortment of thoughts

You see, I've taken this past week off to rest because there are no volunteers going to the orphanage until next week. So, here are some ponderings/tidbits/stories/anecdotes and what have you from my rest period.

God has been so great this week. Since I don't have anywhere to be, I've been able to spend a lot of time in the Word every morning. I have seen the affects of starting everyday with the Lord and I want to continue it as my life gets busier. He's just awesome.

These past few weeks have been exhausting. I've come to realize that going home for me was awesome and such a blessing, but it wasn't restful. Most would view that time as a vacation, but I came back pooped. I hope that's not a permanent thing now that I'm not living in that house anymore.

I'm a wittle sick. Nothin too major, I just have had terrible migraines off and on this week. I am currently in my room with no lights, squinty at my iPad screen where the brightness level is as low as possible. So, you could pray for that if you so desire.

If I have to watch The Incredibles one more time in Spanish with the boys at my house, I will cry. I don't even like that movie. But it's that or let them play with Barnabas and undo all the training he has. So, the Incredibles it

I love TOMS shoes even more than ever. A kid, Edwin, who comes to our house has some from a shoe drop they did here. And, they have rubber soles so they last longer and they are so so good for him. Also, our matching shoes have made us better friends. I think I'll write mr. Tom a letter saying just that. Buy TOMS people! They really help!

We found today one of the kids has a sister who lives in North Carolina. Add one point to NC on the scoreboard my friends.

1 comment: