Friday, January 6, 2012

sweet friendness

So, last wednesday, I flew home. Not home home (as in the States), but home to Honduras. Sheesh, I'm a nomad these days. Side note, I was able to switch the first leg of my flights from RDU to Miami because the flight was overbooked. So, I cut off my 10 hour layover and got a 300$ voucher for American Airlines. Holla praise.
Anyways, that Friday, my friends from high school, Amanda and Mallory, came to visit me for the week. It was such fun friend time. I just love being able to show people my life here, so that they actually know me and who I am. Plus, I got to do cool touristy things that I wouldn't normally do since I am living here. We went exploring on the mountains and the beach, went snorkeling at Cayos Cochinos, walked along the river bank near my house, and loved on the boys that come to my house. Sometimes, I have to pinch myself to make sure my life is real. It was a great transition to my life back here because I had a little piece of the states with me while I got adjusted to being here for another 4 months.
I feel like the 4 months is just going to FLY by. I kinda tried to express that last night to the roommates, but they made fun of me. Apparently saying that January is pretty much already over and February is not a real month because its short and that I'm not here for all of April, is not a fair argument for my time being almost over. But, I am totally not worried about "surviving" four more months here. I got to see my family and it made me realize how short my time is in Honduras and that I can totally do it and in fact, it's going to be over before I really want it to be. It's just weird. January, stop ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment