Friday, January 6, 2012

cute as the cutest little button

Last night, as a way of sending off Mallory and Amanda, we had some of the boy come over for pizza at our house. They were all so sweet and kind the whole night which is a rarity, my friends. I can't remember a day before yesterday where we didn't have to kick at least one boy out. So, last night was just so relaxing. Little Kevin was the absolute cutest.
To rewind, about 6 weeks or 2 months ago, one day Shannon and I were working with Kevin and Ever on their writing. Kevin has this habit of whenever he doesn't want to do something, he just says he can't. Actually, he puts on his adorable Kevinness, shakes his index finger, and says "No pueeeedo, Cait." So, that day, I just kept looking back at him with my Caitness, nodding my index finger, and saying "Si, se puede. Kevin!" (translation: yes you can!) And, in the moment, he kept switching from being annoyed at me to trying to hide a giggle about it.
Well, last night, we were playing that game where two people face each other and try to knock each other over. It sounds like a very weird game if you don't know it, but trust our wisdom here, it's a good game. Kevin was loving it an laughing so hard about it. He looked at me at one point and asked me if I wanted to go against him. I just looked at him and put on my best Kevin face and said, "No pueeedo, Kevin." Well, that little cutie just looked back at me, nodded his index finger, and said, "Si, se puede, Cait!"
I laughed so, so hard. You've got to realize that 1) I haven't done that to him since that one day, so he remembered it, and 2) It's rare to find a kid here who has a witty sense of humor. It seriously made my day. Maybe my life. Too extreme? never.

No comments:

Post a Comment