Sunday, December 11, 2011

this one's for all the kierstens out there

Firstly, I should explain that my sister Kiersten is the type that lives for wipe outs, word slip ups, and embarrassing moments. Think Americas funniest home videos. So Kier, this one's for you.
Well, I'm doing the 30 shred with Shannon. Kate refused to do it with us and I'm starting to think she was of the right mind when she made that descision. I wish I could go back seven years in my life when my dad told me to start good excersise habits then because I'd need them later in life. I did not listen. But here's the deal, working out is the worst. And it's just rude that whoever invented the concept made it so that the misery actually helps your health in the long run. Because now, everyone is just being miserable 1 hour a day waiting for the long run to come to a finish. But, it doesn't. And I digress.
I'm mostly writing this post today because I have a huge bruise on my left hip. I can't sit, stand, lie down, or walk without feeling it. To be fair, I haven't tried running, but that activity and I are enemies, so I think it would hurt. Why did this bruise appear, you ask? Well, it starts with me having a terrible attention span. And a hatred for working out. Whilst Shannon and I were trying to keep up with Jillian Michaels, I started to get restless. Which, I kind of pride myself on that unique ability, considering I was at that time doing high knees (how do you get restless while exercising). So, I naturally had to find a way to not be restless. I need to throw in that its been raining for the past three days here. Anyways, so i start to do high knees around the room. Then I see the patio door open. Everywhere in our house is tile. Yeah, the suspense is building in your hearts cuz you know what's about to happen. I go outside on our balcony and do high knees there. Then I venture to go around the balcony doing high knees. And that's when it happened. One WHACK later and I found myself sprawled out on the balcony, all my weight having fallen on my left hip. It was funny, luckily. We all know those awkward falls that everyone else finds funny while you silently weep in pain. It should've been one of those falls because there was/is a lot of pain. But seriously, I was such an idiot that it was funny. Plus I was silently rejoicing being able to skip out on two minutes of work out. Or hopefully a week, depending on how this bruise works out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment