Thursday, February 2, 2012

you are...my fire

Backstreet boys, anyone? Today's post is dedicated to may favorite music of the moment. Don't worry, this won't be on the list. Though it has been in my head all day. Mostly, I'm doing this to appease myself. The thing is, I love sharing music with people and when I was in high school, I would use the precious five minute ride to Moe's for lunch to share my recent loves in music. No such luck in the hondyland. So, I'm sharing it with my faithful blog followers. Enjoy.

Of the singer/songwriter genre:
1. I Can't Make You Love Me/ Nick Of Time by Bon Iver. This is MY JAM.
2. Te Hill by Marketa Irglova. Weird name, great song.
3. My Father's Father by The Civil Wars
4. I'll Kill Her by Soko. Bahhh, such a classic song. Prepare yourself for laughter.
Also, I'd like to promote the movie, Once. It's an indie movie about two songwriters. If you don't love music a lot, youll hate the movie. If you do love music, you'll never want the movie to end.

Indie goodness:
1. Once soundtrack
2. Lonelily by Damien Rice...is he indie? Dunno, don't care.
3. Brooklyn Blurs by The Paper Raincoats
4. Safe and Sound by The civil Wars and...Taylor swift. Can't stand her, but this song is good. Don't worry, I don't consider her indie.

Never gets old type songs:
1. This Years Love by David Gray
2. nothing Better by The Postal Service

And if you happen to like Spanish churchman music as I'm sure all of you do, buy "Con Todo" by hill song without question and "Tu Haras" by Marcos Witt as well. I could continue this list for days, but the chances of any of you listening to all these songs are zero to negative two. But, I feel good about it.

1 comment:

  1. I Can't Make You Love Me/ Nick Of Time by Bon Iver. There are days I put it on repeat and just let it play all day long. So stinkin' good.

    ReplyDelete