Thursday, February 23, 2012

a honking shirt

So listen, ever seen a kid that's so cute you tear up every time you see him? Yeah me either, before Arnold. Normally, I tend to overdramatize my reactions to things or what not when writing, its what writers do. But, I'm sadly not lying when I say I LITERALLY tear up every time I see Arnold. Which is, oops, two hours of every day. My tear ducts work out more than the rest of my body. He is five years old, has the cutest smile in all of the universe, his pants are too big, and yesterday he wore a shirt that had a truck on it. Yeah, when you squeezed the truck, it honked. I mean, cooommmeee on. Of course, I immediately cried. Who wouldn't.
These past two days though have been the worst, or best, I guess. Because his pants seriously are just too big for him. So he chases his friends in his little work boots, holding up his pants that are already at his knees. And, he loves to play on the swing. Oh sheesh, here come the tears just thinking about him. He just looks at me and goes "calame, Cait! Porfa!" (swing me Cait, please!) he did this yesterday with his baggy khakis and honking tshirt. At this point he was supposed to be going home so I said no. But, then he took five more steps towards the swings, smiled, and said it again with a little giggle. My strength was dwindling, but I stayed firm. Then he took a few more steps and repeated it. At that point, I told him he wasn't being fair because he is too cute. He jumped on the swing, kicked his feet a little, and smiled. Bah, who wouldn't give in! Of course I said yes and of course I pushed him for ten minutes. I mean seriously, that kid could convince me to do anything. If I do nothing else before I leave, I will get pictures of him!
And I mean, his name is ARNOLD. weeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment